Tuesday, June 21, 2005

The month of June...

I have now been up for 23 and 1/2 hours.. oh the anticipation as to when I will crash :)
I wrote an update on A Day in the Life of... during my night shift
Enjoy!

Play by play
Lunch - Grilled Cheese and Dinner - Frozen fish and french fries = Little prep = WOO HOO!!!!!
Done and done...
12:36 - movement down the hall
12:43 - Pepsi half gone, chips open and snickers half gone, Archie Comic began


I sit here at work wishing at this moment that either I was lying in bed sleeping peacefully... or that the computer was located upstairs so that I could update my blog that continues to sit still as the days pass so quickly.

So, as the fan twirls above my head, the TV creates noise in the background and this girl realizes that a nap should have been in order this afternoon, I write...

These past weeks have been filled with excitment, biking, friends, moments of childhood memories, good food and fellowship.

Movement in the hall, water running, someone is up... Detective Yoshiki investigates... the culprit is identified and toileted. All is well!

The month of June... June 2nd. I sat in the scorching heat. I walked across the platform, received my fake diploma and am now a university graduate. We received our real diplomas once we returned the gowns... and a week later, received the corrected diplomas in the mail. Somehow, the diplomas read 'Dean and Arts of Science' instead of 'Dean of Arts and Science'. Only at Trent ;) It was an exciting day. I was surrounded by family, friends and laughter. I feel proud. In that moment, four years passed so quickly.

The next couple days were filled with walking up hills as I mountain biked with friends :) making a committment to attend Em's fabulous party, watching the third original Star Wars, how does it end?!? Another bike ride to Lakefield and yes another two scoops of ice cream. Pralines and cream, my classic and my childhood favorite, cotton candy :) I worked a night shift that night. The birds came out at 4:17 and refreshed my day. It's a beautiful sound, so clear, so vibrant, so early in the morning. I sat there listening until the house started to awake.


The day after a night shift tends to be filled with silly moments on my part, naps and incomplete sentences :)

Thursday was a good day, good conversation and basketball with a friend.

Friday, the long awaited return of Remotely Controlled. New songs, new music, great job!!!!

My weekend was spent visiting family on Saturday morning, a little gardening with the Grandpa, seeing grandparents, aunts, uncles and cousins.. and eating lots of jelly beans.. the everlasting, never ending kind. And I was forced to eat more icecream :)

My Saturday continued with a visit to Cambridge... the car ride in itself was an adventure. An accident happened just past Guelph Line. It's a horrible feeling to know that seconds ahead of you someone's life has been taken.

The traffic continued as we entertained ourselves with conversation, deer watching and finding a new route to Ryan's abode. We made it eventually after country roads, detours, checking maps and Lindsay's reassurance that we were indeed on the right track. She was right :) We arrived 2 1/2 hours later. The rest of the weekend was filled with dessert, a sleepover, bright lights, church, naps, being known as the Whitby Girls and a fun BBQ. All in all. Good weekend away.

I can't make it.. I'm crashing.. I will continue when I awake :D
Have a fabulous day!

No comments: