Tuesday, June 07, 2005

Catching up...

Many days have passed since I last wrote, as I am reminded daily by my lovely housemate...
So, I write again - be warned that I just returned from a night shift at Christian Horizons and my thoughts might be more scattered than usual :)

I have had many adventures and thoughts between then and now.

I must sleep! I will return in a couple hours :)

I'm reading a book called, The Holy Wild, by Mark Buchanan. His words have challenged me to meet with Jesus and to seek out his character - face to face. I continue to learn the importance of intimacy with Him

It is a challenge, a choice - it doesn't always come easy, but in the end, my reward is that I am able to meet with my Saviour one more day than yesterday.
I have seen Jesus in the silences - the chirping of birds in the early morning, the trees dancing, the clacking of an open fire, conversation with friends, through opportunities to serve - As I seek. I find.

Mark came home from France. It's nice to have him back even though Dawn and him slightly beat us in best two out of three in basketball :) and Cranium... Next time Arlene ;)
Celebrated Melody's birthday, it was nice to see everyone! and Britt and I were able to catch up at the famous Hasseltons over hot chocolate
I have biked to Lakefield twice - the end result = two scoops of ice cream :) In total four scoops :) and I am now a part of a secret society ;) Jokes! Shauna's an awesome girl - I love forward to the possibility of hanging out with her more this summer.
I went to the Mark Schutz concert with Jeff. We met up with Emily and Jen and out to East Sides we went! Be safe ;)
Cool moment - at the concert, Mark ended the night by opening up the last two songs for worship. One of the songs was Sanctuary. A song that has been on my heart and in my mind for awhile. I love how God connects moments and reveals to his children - I am listening and I am here with you. Remember me.

Last week, a friend described basking in the sun as a way to feel closer to God - to feel His warmth, his touch - cool thought!

No comments: