Monday, May 30, 2005

Sooner... :)

Let me take you back in time... It is May 15th and I am returning from a beautiful visit with friends in Sudbury. I'm sad to leave but know that many adventures await me in Peterborough..

It's a long drive compared to my adventure there, as we were stopping quite often to feed the boys and play in the sun - it took us a couple days to reach Sudbury, and the ride home was about 5 hours straight, taking one quick break :) with mostly complete silence and an added hour through North Bay.

I left Sudbury with Anna's brother Ben and her father Stephen - very quiet men, yet seem wise and are very welcoming and thoughtful!

This also allowed me to reflect, think and enjoy the beauty on the roads... I wrote as we drove, so this isn't completely from memory. It also might consist of some randomness! That's me :)

My first thought came to me as Celine Dion song, All by Myself, played in the background :) I did not have control of the dials ;) http://www.lyricsfreak.com/c/celine-dion/28619.html -
I don't know if there is any relevance to the lyrics, yet this is where my thoughts went...

It's a choice to believe or not believe in a God that is ever present, in yourself as a complete and beautiful person. A friend blogged last weekend (now weeks ago) about solitude - that message really spoke to me. That is what I seek, to know who I am in Christ. To be still with him. To know Christ as completely as I can in my everydays. To spend time with my Heavenly Father and my best friend..
I love driving... I love exploring... because these are times when my thoughts are completey free, a time when I am able to experience God's vastness, his beauty, the different colours of God. I am a visual learner :)
Home... a word that used to have only one meaning.. Ajax, the house I grew up in, the house I continue to love! But now home is soooo much more - Peterborough is home. A place that welcomes me, that calls me.. where I grow and live. Sudbury has become home. The beauty, the stillness, the pace of life and the family. I feel at home with them. Home, is also not here... home is heaven. I wait until God calls me home...
As we drive home.. I once again become aware of the noise that fills my life. Information, music, voices... everything is geared to me.. Life isn't about it. It isn't about you... I would like to discipline myself to be quiet before the Lord. To listen for his voice. To see him work miracles in my life. Because I believe he will and he is very capable.
I fill my life with noise.. some that encourages, some that challenges, but also some that distracts, that creates distance. I run. I pretend to hide. But, my face is forever naked before the Lord. My heart is stripped. He knows. I know. Instead of running, instead of hiding, instead of filling my life with unneccessary noise... I pray instead that I will be open to be still, to accomplish great things for our Saviour. To offer prayers of thanksgiving, to give God my heart. To be a sanctuary for him. Pure and holy. Tried and true. To love him as he first loved me.
I am ready for another adventure this summer... and I know that if I am to follow God, everyday will be full of adventure. Am I ready? No.. Will I go? Yes. Forever. Always... with a willing heart.

That was my car ride home :)

1 comment:

Todd said...

Solitude is good :) Brave thoughts!