Sunday, April 10, 2005

I love...

This weekend has been great! My feet hurt, I might possibly smell and I am exhausted, and it's only Sunday afternoon. Church in the Caf is still to come! My feet hurt because I don't think I've sat down much the past couple of days other to eat or sleep, I smell because I was outside minutes ago enjoying my most favourite sport, basketball. I'm exhausted from the reasons above and plus.

The weekend has consisted of friends, food, work, people, wax, icecream and family. All of which I love.
Friends...Encouraging notes left on my computer, real conversations that challenge and grow me. Silly moments. Ice cream walks, memories... opportunities to learn and grow together. These friendships make my heart glad!
Food... that one kind of speaks for itself ;)
Work... I love my job at Christian Horizons. I love the people that I serve within my house, I love the people that I serve with. I love the different personalities. I love that we can pray and worship God together. I love the conversations. I am stretched through the challenges. I am developing Godly relationships. I am learning a lot.
People... I like people.
Wax... okay.. maybe I don't love wax, or waxing boy's legs - but it was an interesting experience ;)
Ice cream... see above under food :)

Family... Last week, I realized how blessed I am to belong to such a beautiful and loving family. I had spent the evening with a friend praying. God is good, and He blessed us with His presence that night, and continues to :) I came home, with a lot of thoughts. I tried to escape people, because that is what I do best when on the verge of tears.. but I was not sneaky enough - My housemate caught me and asked how my night was, the waterworks began there.

I was weeping because I am so blessed with the family that God has provided for me - I couldn't ask for more! I know that I am loved, I know that I am welcome and I know that my parents are proud of me, the person that I am, the person I continue to be molded into...
I am guarteened to laugh when surrounded by family! My family is hilarious :) They have taught me to be silly, yet wise. To know God and to follow Him. To not listen to the worldy standards and expectations but to see God's purpose within all situations. To laugh lots. To be late ;) To be competitive, yet encouraging. For the most part, I am no longer easily embarrassed by my family, yet am thankful for the uniqueness, the talents, the gifts, and the place that I have as a Yoshiki :)

I LOVE being Me :D

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Sarah, I am so lucky to be a friend of the Yoshikis... you guys are great!

And, I get to be your first commenter as well! :) Welcome to the wonderful world of blogging, it's nice to have you here.