Friday, April 08, 2005

First Entry

Third attempt at my first entry.. why you ask, because technology and I are in disagreement at times :) My first two attempts being times such as these... P.S. Don't push Save as Draft button -

As I begin my 'Blog' I'm uncertain as to what words will spill onto these pages... I'm not quite sure why I even created my own personal 'blog'. I love reading other peoples, but am I willing to let others into my thoughts?!? Will my thoughts reveal something about me, that I am only myself learning?

Today was my last day of classes at Trent University! A little bit of mixed feelings... It has been an incredible experience, full of laughter, pranks, domination, friendships, classes, teachings, leadership, stretching, challenges and many beautiful moments. I will be sad to be done. However, I will not be sad to go, because I don't know where I am going, or if I am leaving the town of Peterborough...

So many questions that remain unanswered right now. Yet, I don't fear it. I know nothing about my direction in life for right now - I do know that God is in control, that He has a plan. I don't know where He is leading me... but I long to follow Him.

The song "Where You Lead Me" by Mercy Me captures my thoughts..

What is life/A thousand roads a thousand ways/And why am I/So afraid to move/I crossed the line/I'm stepping out so come what may/I'll give it all/Cause I'm drawn to you/As long as my heart is beating//Where you lead me, I will follow/Where you lead me, I'll give my life away/Where you lead me, I will follow/Forever and a day//I can't deny/Your very presence is my life/And why would I/Ever turn away/Cause deep inside/I know that I can not rely/ On anything/Less than faith/As long as my heart is beating/This is all I'm dreaming of/To live completely in Your love.

Recently I have been learning what it means to give my all to Christ. To sacrifice. To honour. To trust. To love. To believe.

Lamentations 3:21-24
Yet this I call to mind
and therefore I have hope:
Because of the LORD's great
love we are not consumed,
for his compassions never fail.
They are new every morning;
great is your faithfulness.
I say to myself, "The LORD is my portion;
therefore I will wait for him".

My prayer is that I can wait with a serving heart.

No comments: